A healthy society which is socially, culturally and economically balanced.
To develop human and institutional capacities for equitable and sustainable development.
- To facilitate delivery of quality social and economic services through public and private sector partnerships.
- To build the capacity of private sector for accelerating economic growth in northern areas.
- To build the capacity of key stakeholders for good governance in northern areas.
- To develop profitable enterprises in food processing, IT, tourism, hydropower generation and gemstones.
- To further expand use of ICT for education, employment creation and poverty reduction.
- Transparency and accountability
- Self reliance
- Innovation and risk taking
- Gender equality
- Cooperation and collaboration
- Continuous improvement, and
- Community comes first